Child Safety from Sexual Predators
Every day many news stories come up that reveal the cases of sexual abuse of a child or a teenager by the teachers, relatives, coaches, leaders, or neighbors. This sad news shows how the elders can misuse their power and the child’s innocence or trust to satisfy their sexual desires. Parents are concerned for their child safety and often wonder how to keep a watch on child activities and look for ways to protect them from sexual predators. Some strategies that can help prevent miss happening with children include ensuring that the children do not keep any unsafe secrets with themselves; practical training of children to take charge of their safety, and being a good listener as parents or a caretaker.
- Both the girl child and the boy child need to be protected against sexual abuse, and parents must aware and educate their child to stay away from bad people and strangers.
- Parents must not leave their young children alone with drivers or domestic help workers (male domestic help in case of the girl child).
- Be wary of over-friendly adolescents/strangers/adults/family friends.
- Teach children about good touch, bad touch, and friendly touch.
- Teach children that private parts can only be seen and examined by parents or the doctor.