FIRST YEAR VACCINES REVISITED IN COVID TIMES
- BCG, OPV and Hepatitis B are given at birth in all birthing hospitals.
- To minimize visits to hospitals/clinics, the vaccines due at 6-10 and 14 weeks should or can be rescheduled to 8-16 and 24 weeks safely.
- DTP/DTaP, OPV/IPV, Hepatitis B, Hib, Pneumococcal vaccines, and Rotavirus vaccines should all be clubbed in one visit- and be scheduled as mentioned above to 8-16 and 24 weeks.
- MMR(Mumps, Measles, Rubella) and Typhoid vaccines can be clubbed together at 9-10 months age.
- Meningococcal vaccine and flu vaccines can be clubbed together at 1 year.
SECOND YEAR & SUBSEQUENT VACCINES DUE IN CHILDHOOD CAN BE SAFELY RESCHEDULED/POSTPONED BY A FEW MONTHS SAFELY IN COVID TIMES AS LONG AS THE VACCINES ARE GIVEN AND NOT FORGOTTEN.